Tuesday, May 27, 2008

OMELET


Martin loves to cook and bake so I got this cook book for him at the library and he picked out a recipe for "fluffy omelets". So we made them for breakfast. It called for 6 eggs. Separate the yolks from the whites. Take the egg whites and blend on high speed till firm peaks form. So at this point the small amount of egg whites are now about 6 cups!!! We add a little milk and the yolks, put in pan....wait a bit of time add bacon and cheese to make it yummy..and this is what we ended up with. We were laughting SO hard, because this is the BIGGEST omelet we have ever seen. I am so glad I grabbed the largest pan I had, because it would have overflowed in any of my other pans. This is definately not the prettiest thing ever, but it tasted really good. We invited Grandma over for an impromtu breakfast, because dad was at work and there was no way we could eat all if it ourselves. Fun times of learning, experimenting, laughing, and eating.

No comments: