Monday, January 26, 2009

Winter

During our last winter storm my son Luke really wanted to go and build something cool in the snow. He asked if I would help him. We worked for 2 1/2 hours to make this small castle. We combined our ideas and with a lot of hard work this was our final product. I wanted to make it higher, but was so exhausted I just couldn't build anymore. We had tons of fun and made some fun memories. Luke was REALLY happy with it and that is all that mattered to me :-)


What is funny is that we used so much snow to make this castle
yet the ground is still covered with snow. We hardly made a dent!




Luke putting some finishing touches on.

Taking a rest after the ground level was in place.


The beginning stages of level two.
Our design was beginning to take form.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Wow - I can't imagine having all of that snow! Great job on the castle!

Fenwick 5 said...

NEAT CASTLE,my boys would love that! We haven't had that much snow in a while! We are expecting some weather tonight,probally no school tomorrow.Have a great week,Waiting for 800 approval,Gidget

ColleenC said...

I'm totally impressed by your castle and your stick-to-itiveness. Again, you've made me miss snow! My boys are just dying to build snowmen and the most we've had is half an inch and it was melted by 10am!

Julie & Patrick said...

What a very tall order! The castle looks great and I hope it was followed up with a steaming cup of cocoa!!

Julie R

Michael McMullen said...

Now that...that is cool.