Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Little Girl Shoes

I have always found it funny that when I go shopping for my boys how I always gravitate to the little girl racks. It makes NO sense since clearly my boys will not be wearing any pink, purple, lace, or girlie shoes, but somehow I always make my way to the girls section before the trip is over. This goes for garage sales too! About 4 years back I was at a garage sale and saw these shoes and I thought they were SO cute. They made me smile. I didn't have a little girl at home to put these shoes on, but I decided I was going to buy them anyways....so I did! These little shoes have sat by my computer for the past four years and every time I look over at them I smile. Little did I know that God had a plan to bring a little girl into our family. I now look at these little shoes and dream about the little girl that will be joining our family and wonder how cute they are going to look on her tiny little feet.








Shoe story Part 2. I was shopping with Martin for new summer clothes and once again found myself at the little girl section and these beauties were just calling my name. They were on clearance for only 3 bucks!!! I couldn't resist. Our little Alesha is going to need red shoes...right?








The thing that is REALLY funny about the shoes is that I cannot STAND shopping for shoes for myself. I have a small wide foot with high arches and it is impossible to find anything cute that will fit my foot! I guess now I can buy all those cute shoes for my daughter.

7 comments:

Amy said...

Love the shoes! A great way to remind you that your promised child is on the way!

Sara said...

Those shoes are adorable! Shopping for girls is so much fun - clothes, hair accessories and more!

Sarah Vertner said...

I was reminded of the scripture yesterday "God will give you the desires of your heart". I realized recently that doesn't mean he gives us what we want, it means he places his desires in our hearts. Although sometimes difficult and painful, I love the process of seeing him fulfill those desires. I love the shoes and the sweet thoughts behind them.

Kathi said...

I loved picking out little girl shoes! You'll have fun shopping soon enough!

Kristi W. said...

What a sweet story! You have great taste in shoes I must say, I would have bought either pair myself! :) You'll have to post a pic of Alesha wearing them. Can't wait till you get "the call"!

Peter and Nancy said...

Cute! I have to say it's a lot more fun dressing a girl than it was dressing two boys. :o) There's a lot more variety, for one thing . . . I'm sure you never felt compelled to buy red shoes for your sons!

Can't wait to see her wearing them . . .
-- Nancy

Fenwick 5 said...

What cute little shoes she will have!! Love them! Hoping we get our calls soon,maybe this summer!! I like what that other lady said about the desires of our hearts. God put those in our hearts and God will bring them to pass!! Gidget:)