Tuesday, December 06, 2011

October Update

We took our annual trip to our local pumpkin patch.  It was a beautiful day to take the tractor ride down to the patch to find the perfect pumpkin.



 Alesha, was a lady bug this year for Halloween.  Daddy took some fantastic pictures of her in his new photo studio!

We visited Alesha's great grandma at her assisted living home.  She sure brought a lot of smiles to the faces of the elderly living there.
The pumpkins - Alesha liked to just carry her around, so we didn't carve it this year.
 
 Alesha just finished a tumble class at the local recreation center.  She really enjoyed it.




I looked high and low for a Diwali festival in our area to attend, but could not find one.  So I decided to cook a bunch of Indian food and invite our neighbors over to share in the feast.  Our neighbors are from Tibet and lived in India for several years so they are familiar with the holiday and gave us some interesting background and information.  As you can see I did not decorate with lights or even a festive table cloth for that matter.  Maybe next year I will be more on the ball.  Alesha still seems to be oblivious to holidays at this point, so I guess I am not leaving any major scars :-)

2 comments:

No Greater Love said...

I love the pictures of Alesha...your husband is a great photographer. :)

And your food for the Diwali festival looks soooo good.

And can I tease you, and ask if we'll get the November update in February? :o)

Anonymous said...

Love the photos -- wish we lived nearby, because I need to get a "real" photo of Anya Rashi for her 5th birthday! And your fall family photo looks so great!

How nice of you to think of inviting your neighbors for Diwali -- what a great connection to make.
Nancy