Monday, April 16, 2012

"I Three"

The 1st day of March brings much joy around our home. I love that we have been able to celebrate the last 2 birthdays with our princess being home. It was fun wishing our little princess a Happy Birthday first thing in the morning. When asked "How old are you?", the first response is "I two" then we reminded her that it is her birthday and she proudly holds up 5 fingers and says "I Three!" We still need some work on holding up the right amount of fingers. In my humble opinion, three is really hard for little ones. She has come up with quite the combinations, but doesn't do any consistently, yet.

On Alesha's actual birthday we met her best friend at Pump It Up for a jump session. It was Alesha's second time and her friend's first. It was fun to see Alesha being so brave going down the slides by herself after watching her friend going down all by herself. The first time we went, I had to go down all the slides with her. Let me tell you it is a good workout.

I think she would have stayed in this car the entire time if I would have let her

Best friends.
After jumping we decided to go some place fun for lunch. We ended up at Chevy's. When we sat down they asked if the girls wanted play dough. I thought that was kinda odd, but said sure. They brought out little balls of dough that they make their fresh tortillas out of. What a great idea. The girls loved it and there was NO mess at all. After lunch they asked if we wanted the birthday song to go along with the birthday sundae. We had seen the birthday song sung for another birthday guest and after hearing the sheer volume and enthusiasm of the song and the fact that both girls got freaked out we decided that just the sundae would probably be best :-) They brought this huge hat, so we put it on her and us three girls sang Alesha Happy Birthday quietly. I found out that you get to keep the hat as a gift for your birthday.

Me and my girl!

Eating a few bites of her birthday sundae

My friend from highschool and her daughter.  Could we be more opposite :-)

My big 3 year old sporting her new hat and cute pink boots!
To my surprise I found out that my brother and his family were in town from Spokane, WA. It was great to spend some time with them and have them here for Alesha's birthday. They came over on Friday and we spent the day together and went out to lunch. The cousins enjoyed spending time with each other, unfortunately, my older boys were at school so we don't have a complete cousin group shot.


My brother's kids with Alesha (Spencer, Alesha, Jasper, Sophia, and Maddie)

Maddie, Alesha, and Sophia - Girl cousins :-)

My brother's youngest son, Jasper

Hard to believe that Jasper turned 1 in November and Alesha is 3.  Jasper far out weighs Alesha and they are not that far apart in height.

Alesha sharing her birthday gift with Jasper :-)
On Saturday we had Alesha's actual birthday party.  We had some family come over to help celebrate.  We discovered that Alesha loves the Happy Birthday song unless it is being sung by a lot of people to her.  She gets a very concerned look on her face and wants me to hold her or hide her face in my shoulder.

Hiding because the Happy Birthday song was being sung.


Alesha with Uncle David and Auntie Sheryl

Alesha with Uncle Todd and Aunt Naomi

Alesha with Grandma and Grandpa Pfeiffer

Alesha with Uncle Dan (my brother) I love this picture!

Me and my younger brother.

That evening we took Alesha out to Red Robin for her free birthday dinner.  She freaked out once again when they sang the Happy Birthday song.  The ice cream on her hand is about as far as she got.  She really is hit and miss with ice cream.  Sometimes she likes it sometimes she doesn't. Her brothers didn't have a problem helping her finish :-)

I love this pic of my kids.

Mother and daughter

My happy girl! 
Alesha, you are such a sweet, joyful, active, and funny girl.  We love to watch as you change day by day.  You talk and move from the moment you are awake until you finally go to sleep at night.  It has been exciting to see all the new things you discover and learn on a daily basis.  Your vocabulary has EXPLODED and we get a constant stream of questions and narration throughout our days.  You make us laugh and we love your hugs and kisses.  We are forever grateful for the gift you are to us.  I am always mindful of your birth mother and father when your birthday arrives.  I pray they would know that you are healthy and happy.  I am forever grateful for them choosing life for you.  We love you sweetheart! Happy Birthday.

3 comments:

Peter and Nancy said...

Her face has really changed in the past months -- she looks so much more grown-up! What a beautiful girl you have. :o) Happy birthday, Alesha -- just one of many more you will celebrate together!
Nancy

Julie & Patrick said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like lots of celebrating was done to bring in the beginnings of her third year! Yes, I agree three fingers are hard to hold up. Can't get over how grown up she looks!

Julie

Emily said...

Happy Happy Birthday Alesha!! You look so ladylike and grown up, and I love the sombrero!! Asha sends hugs and kisses :) Love, Emily