Saturday, April 12, 2008

A GIVING HEART!!







I wanted to share a precious moment that happened a couple weeks ago. As many of you know Darin and I are going on a mission trip to India this summer. We have been praying as a family for our mission team and for our fundraising efforts. We had one of our many deadlines for funds due at our April 1st meeting and were still short some funds. Luke asked me if we had any checks come in the mail or if we were going to make our deadline. I said we will have to wait and see what comes in the mail today. He said okay. Then after dinner before we left for our missions meeting he asked if anything came in the mail and I said no. He smiled and ran upstairs. Next thing I know he says to me "Mom, I know this isn't very much money, but it is all I have and I want you and dad to have it for your mission trip" He handed me $7.00 and said he wished he had more money to give me, but hopes this helps. How precious is that?? We believe Luke has the gift of giving. He is such a cheerful giver and gives so freely of whatever he has whether it is his time or money. We are very proud of Luke and his giving heart at such a young age.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi April!

We had no idea you are planning a mission trip. How very exciting!

I'm not a reader of blogs regularly, but I found you from my sisters' link.

We will surely be praying for you,
The Norris 5

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful thing to be able to identify the God given qualities in your children!