Saturday, November 08, 2008

DARIN RUNS A 50K (31 MILES) !!!!!

For about 2 years Darin has talked about wanting to run the entire Wild Wood Trail in Forest Park. On October 10, 2008 he officially accomplished his goal. We are SO proud of him. He finished in 6 hours!!! I can't imagine running for even 15 minutes much less 6 hours. The boys and I were his support crew for the day. Our first meeting point was at the 16 mile mark. We had to hike in 1 mile so we gathered leaves for an art project we had planned and looked at God's beautiful creations along the way. Our next meeting point was at the mile 25 mark. This was quick stop...no time for pictures. Then the finish. Unfortunately I couldn't find the mile marker for the finish so we were not there to see him come to the very end.....we were so bummed and don't have any photo finish pics :-( When we got home I gave him his 1st place metal for finishing his race. Great job honey, you are amazing!!!!

Darin wearing his 1st place metal after 6 hours of running. I think he looks GREAT!
A quick photo opt for memory sake at mile 16.
Refilling fluids and grabbing more fuel from his support crew at mile 16!
Here are just some of the beautiful leaves we found on our hike into mile 16.
The boys waiting for dad to come down the trail. These rails are here to keep bikes off the trail. They sure make good swinging bars :-)

4 comments:

Fenwick 5 said...

Congrats to your husband! I like the nature pictures!I guess I could use this time to get in shape.Along with the other 50,000 things we need to do,LOL gidget

Peter and Nancy said...

Wow -- my sister is a runner, too, but I'm definitely not. I admire the training and perseverance it takes. Amazing!
-- Nancy

Amy said...

Wow - good for him! That is a long run! Definitely motivating!

Amy T

Michael McMullen said...

Good job! I was winded by the end of the post.