Thursday, February 19, 2009

GOOD NEWS!!!

We are so excited to report that another baby has found a forever family and we have moved up to number
When I checked our adoption forum this morning there was a post about a family accepting a referral. That is always great news for the baby and family and it means that all the rest of the families on the waiting list get to move up one more slot. It has been very difficult waiting lately, because there hasn't been any new referrals for months. It just felt like the adoption process had come to a screeching halt!! I think it is easier for me to wait when I know that at least there is some movement.
It is nice to be able to follow the journeys of families that are going through the process before us. Congratulations to Candice and her husband. They were just united with their precious son yesterday and things are going great. There are several families who are waiting for the final steps to be completed so they can travel. I am praying that the courts grant all those NOC's, and guardianships so these precious little babies can finally be in the arms of their mommy and daddy.
Adoption has taught me a lot about myself. I have found that I am NOT as patient as I thought I was! It has shown me more clearly how much I like to control situations. It has made me turn to God even more than before, because I have NO control when it comes to the adoption process. This process has shown me how you can love somebody before you even know who they are. I would say that adoption has opened my eyes much wider to many areas over the last year. I continue to remind myself that this is a journey and God is in control and I need to rest in HIM.

6 comments:

Amy said...

Congrats!!! That is wonderful news!! Praying more babies come home so that you can hurry up and get your referral :). We should all write a book about what adoption has taught us - isn't it amazing what you learn about yourself?

Julie & Patrick said...

Top 5! That is great news!!

So excited to know that referrals are moving along again.

Julie R

ColleenC said...

Yay for referrals and hope and moving forward!!!

Fenwick 5 said...

April,
Maybe we will get referrals SOON!!So glad that u are in the top five !!! Have a great day and rest in the lord. The word of the lord endures forever!Gidget

Peter and Nancy said...

Hooray all around -- for the families who are bringing home their children, and the families moving up on the list! I'm glad you've cracked the top 5. :o) Hope you keep drawing closer to God while you wait . . .
-- Nancy

Shara said...

Yea April! I'm so excited for the family that got their referral and the other families that are moving on up! I can't wait to meet sweet Alisha and welcome her home!