Thursday, February 26, 2009

Relaxing Getaway


My wonderful husband surprised me and booked a hotel at the beach for me to go and stay overnight ALL by MYSELF!!!! This is the first time I have been away by myself in many years! I don't quite know what do with myself. The room is perfect. It faces the ocean, has a little kitchen, a fireplace, TV with cable, one of those drop down beds, two cozy couches, a table and chair, and a wonderful bathroom with a jetted tub! In fact this is the only studio room in the whole place that has a jetted tub. God must have known that I really needed to relax :-)

I was concerned how the pass would be going to the beach when I woke up this morning to snow on the ground and snow falling from the sky (can you believe that?? It is the end of February for crying out loud!) I waited until late morning to leave to make sure everything had a chance to melt. I had the most gorgeous sunshiny drive out to the coast. It was wonderful. When I arrived here at the beach, a hail storm hit, but passed very quickly. I headed to a look out point I used to go to years ago. I can't believe I forgot my camera!!!!! I even told myself SEVERAL times to NOT forget it.....but I managed to forget. After looking at God's beautiful creation of the roaring ocean, sand, rocks, trees, etc. I headed to the outlet malls to pass a bit of time before I could check into the hotel. Shopping is not my thing, but going without kids was fun and relaxing. I then checked into the hotel and went for a sunny wonderful walk on the beach. Upon returning to my room I sat on the balcony and read a book as the sun began to set with the sound of the ocean in the background. I will grab something to eat, take a relaxing bath in the jetted tub, read, relax and enjoy this wonderful gift my husband has given me. This might be a boring read to some of you, but I needed to document this event in words since I don't have any pictures.

The quiet is something I don't get often.....something I am trying to work on. This time away is giving me time to think, pray, and reflect on many things going on in my life right now. Thanks honey for giving me a change of pace! I love you!!

8 comments:

Amy said...

What a wonderful hubbie you have :). I hope you have a refreshing and relaxing time!

Sarah Vertner said...

I haven't ever had such an opportunity... even before kids, and I'd love to have Darrin talk to my husband about how that is done ;-) I think its great, and your storytelling is just perfect. I can almost feel the chilled ocean air.

Fenwick 5 said...

April,This sounds great.I hope that u have a relaxing time!I just love the ocean,one of my favorite places to be! It is so wonderful.

Julie & Patrick said...

I've been thinking of doing this is reverse...sending hubby and kid away so I can have the house for 24 hours to myself. Unfortunately...rather then relaxing...I'd need to put in high gear to clean and get organized.
Ah...Bliss :)

What a special gift this was. I am so glad that you had a chance to relax and regroup...how wonderful!!

JulieR

Peter and Nancy said...

What a thoughtful gift! Enjoy every second of it, especially that glorious sound of the waves breaking.
-- Nancy

Anonymous said...

Hey Honey...the house is getting really messy and the kids keep telling me that they're hungry...I did a load of laundry and now the kids have pink socks...You're coming home today right? Just kidding! Just kidding! I'm glad you're having a relaxing and enjoyable time...you truly deserve it!!!!

Darin

Anonymous said...

"There's dirty laundry everywhere and I'm still laundering!"
-yer brudder

Anonymous said...

H.E.A.V.E.N.