Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A Day of Emotions and SNOW!

Yesterday was an emotional day for me. I was REALLY missing my little girl. I am amazed at how deeply you can love somebody you have never met. When I look at her picture I seem to fall more in love with her everyday. Oh, how I long for her to be home so I can hold her and tell her that I love her!

After a tearful morning I decided to take lunch over to my mom's house. She has been taking care of my grandma who has bronchitis and my boys and I thought she could use the company. When I arrived with lunch my mom had set the table for our yearly "snowman" lunch. We all love the snow and snowmen and since we don't get much snow in our part of Oregon we decided we would celebrate snow just for fun every year between Christmas and New Years. I started feeling better as the lunch went on. From there I left to take the boys skating at the local roller skating rink. Right when we were about to open the front door, I look out the window and I saw the smallest snow flakes falling from the sky! My boys were jumping out of their skin with excitement!!!! A "snowman" lunch to celebrate snow (which we didn't have when we arrived) and now snow is falling from the sky! As we drove to the skate rink the snow poured down. By the time we left the skating rink 2 hours later there was about 2 1/2 inches of snow on my car. We had a VERY slow drive home, because everybody FREAKS out when we get snow and don't know how to drive in it. After a 45 minute drive, which should only take 15 minutes we arrived home safe and sound. My boys then raced as fast as they could to change into their snow clothes and head outside to start building something before it all disappeared.

As I walked around outside I couldn't believe how beautiful it was. All the trees covered with snow and everything blanketed in white. To me snow has such a peaceful and calming feeling. It makes me happy. The boys were busy for the next hour and a half building castles, snowmen, and enjoying the long awaited snow for the year. It was already dark by the time they got outside so my pics are not that great, but you get the idea. This is the first year I was able to get a picture of our Christmas lights with snow on the ground. It was a mini display this year as the strands for the house were half dead and I didn't take the time to replace them.....maybe next year.

My day ended with two very happy boys and a heart still longing for my Alesha. I am excited to think that next year she will be home for Christmas and hopefully it will snow for her, too.


I have the most creative boy. Luke built his snowman SO HUGE that he couldn't lift the second or third ball on top of the bottom one. He decides if I get the ladder that went to the tree house, I can roll it up and it won't be so heavy. His brother helped him roll the 2nd ball and I helped with the last one, because they were not tall enough to reach the final stretch. I was blow away at how they worked together and conquered the objective!
Luke, filling in the gaps so it wouldn't roll off. Check out the size of that thing!!
Finished snowman! He is dirty because he rolled it in the bark dust...oops.

Our mini light display.
Martin's snow display and snowman

Martin's snow fort. He was throwing snowballs at me while I was taking his picture.

6 comments:

jasonliberty said...

Isn't it awesome how God loves us so much he knows just what we need to lift us up? The waiting won't get any easier for us but I know that God is holding our hands as well as the hands of our precious little ones. He gave you that Mommy's heart for a reason and I can't wait till you are united with your precious Alesha!

Love Liberty

Fenwick 5 said...

I know how yah feel April,:) I feel the same,one day I am emotional and the next I am ok.
It is truly a roller coaster,but one that we are so thankful to be on. We are waiting for our first snow of the year.I pray that we all have peace while we wait.We just might be going to India together.Have a blessed weekend.
Gidget:)

Julie & Patrick said...

We don't get much snow either and I agree, when it comes it is magical. So wonderful that you all were able to enjoy it. The snowman is great....bark and all!

Julie R

Laura said...

I got teary reading your post! I understand your longing for your daughter and although it is sooo sad, God has given you that love for her! What an amazing gift to be able to love and miss this child you have never met! I have had to thank God for my tears some days as that's all that I could think of to thank Him for in this waiting injustice. It sounds like the day was "salvaged" by your sweet mother and rowdy boys! Love the snowman pictures. We have only had a dusting a few times here-- no snowmen or sledding yet. Snow is magical!

theheartofachild said...

I hear you...it is amazing how one can fall so in love with a child's picture and knowing they are a half a world away makes it so hard! So excited that God is giving us the desires of our hearts:-) Praying the paperwork goes quickly for you!
Jenny
(waiting for Abby in India)

Peter and Nancy said...

Those days of waiting on courts and paperwork are some of the hardest. One Dillon mom told me that all that heartache would melt away instantly once we were in India to meet her, and she was right (though I found it hard to believe at the time!). Hang on to the knowledge that God loves her even more than you do . . . and that you are the "snow" He's giving Alesha. And she doesn't even know what a great family she has waiting for her!
Nancy