Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Miracles DO happen!

Today my husband and I went to our local USCIS immigration office. My husband took time off work in hopes of us being able to get our fingerprints done today. Here is where the miracle comes in....our scheduled appt. is for December 21, 2009. This was WAY too long to wait to have these prints done, because at this point our adoption is on hold, because our previous fingerprints have expired and they need current prints to continue the approval process of our next step.......the beloved I-800.

We showed up at 1:00 p.m. with our official USCIS fingerprint appt. paper and ID in hand. My husband explained our situation to a very nice man behind the desk. He said "Please fill out this form and I will see what I can do. It probably won't be until after 3 p.m. and can't make ANY guarantees." We said "Thank you SO much. We totally understand that the people waiting had an appt. on THIS day and we would be happy to wait." We sat down and began our wait. I am glad I brought an adoption book to read (still working on all that education). I began to get a bit worried as more and more people began showing up. I wondered if they would be able to fit us in, but I was confident that THIS was the day we were going to get this prints.

At 2:20 p.m. he announced that we could proceed to the next station. At this point we had about 13 minutes left on our parking meter (the meter only took 90 minutes at a time). The lady said we should be out before it expired. I was happy to hear this, because getting a parking ticket just didn't sound like fun. The men were able to fingerprint us in no time at all and we were at our car with 2 minutes to spare!

I cannot tell you how relieved and happy I am that we were able to get our prints done today. This will allow us to continue with our I-800 and not fall behind 2 weeks. Thank you God for answering our prayers. I appreciate everybody who prayed along with us. God is good ALL the time, ALL the time God is good!

I will leave you with a current photo we received of our precious Alesha. Every time I look at this photo I start laughing. Her feet all propped up on the crib. She looks so easy going. Can't wait to have her home! Until then I will gaze at her beautiful face and pray that she stays strong, healthy, and safe. We love you baby girl!


11 comments:

The Labontes said...

So glad things worked out! We've always had good experiences with our local office.

OK, the pic is absolutely adorable. Her feet are hilarious, and I agree. She looks so laid back! Hope things progress very quickly for you!
Kristy

Fenwick 5 said...

I was hoping your prints could get done soon, Congrats and she is a sweetie. We must have two laid back daughters,they say that this is how Maiya is and that she is easy going.:) I just heard this morning that the embassy is processing our Article 5 now. Hoping we get it this week. Then NOC time. You all should be right behind us now. Have a great day. Gidget

Anonymous said...

Mugdha's RAD.
Can't wait to meet her!
-BEN

Amy said...

Wonderful wonderful news! Yay for CIS! She is so beautiful!

Julie & Patrick said...

Love the toes!!! She looks so cute...squeezable and cuddly cute!!

Congrats on the fingerprints...it can sometimes be a nightmare!!

Julie R

Sara said...

Hooray for good news and God's provision! Love that picture - so much personality. :)

theheartofachild said...

Praise God! That is an answer to prayer! Your daughter is beautiful!!! Love the picture!
Jenny
(Waiting on NOC!!!)

Kristi W. said...

Yay! So glad this worked out. Miracles DO happen! I love it! :) Alesha is gorgeous, her expression in that photo is so precious. Looks like she is going to have to transition to the bigger crib soon so she can really stretch out. Adorable!

Kristi W.

jasonliberty said...

Doing the happy dance!! So glad to hear about your miracle, it's always awesome to hear how God answers prayer :-) Alesha is just a doll! Looks like she is just chillin ;-)
Liberty

Sheri said...

Gidget,
My family and me werre able to visit the orphanage on our recent trip to India! Actually, we just returned home today. I took the picture!! She is adorable. I pointed her out to my husband when I seen her laying her with her feet up on the crib!! Congrats!!
She is in great care!!

Seneca said...

She's definately got some legs on her!:-) What a cutie! Glad things are still moving along! If I can help in any way, let me know.
Bob and I are leaving shortly to get Meera!!!