Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Celebrating 60 years of life!


My mom's 60th birthday was February 6th, and my brother and I hosted a huge birthday party for her at my house. My brother and family came down from Spokane for the weekend. It was fun to watch my mom's reactions as she answered the door to see who the next guest was going to be. We didn't make it a surprise party, but who would be attending the party was a surprise. With all the family and friends who made it we had appox. 40 people celebrate her life. The next day, she said "That was the BEST party I have ever had. I have never felt SO loved!" Mission accomplished :-)
My mom is SO deserving of a great big fun party. She is such a fun person. My mom is so special to me. She is my best friend, a follower of Jesus, she is giving, compassionate, loving, passionate, encouraging, dedicated, hard working, has a servant's heart and the list goes on and on. Anyone who has had the privilege of having my mom be a part of their life is very blessed. Thank you mom for ALWAYS being there for me. I love you so much!! I am looking forward to many more years of making memories with you. Love, Sis

2 comments:

Julie & Patrick said...

Congratulations on a celebration well done! AND Happy Birthday "mom"

Julie R

Peter and Nancy said...

I hope our kids will say things like that about us someday! Your mom must be a very special woman. Happy birthday!
Nancy