Monday, February 01, 2010

Our baby is 11 months old today

Today our precious Alesha turned 11 months old. I am sad when I think about the fact that another 30 days has passed and she still is not in my arms. Everyday that passes she is getting older and I am missing her change, because she is not here. It occurred to me today as I was more irritable and just not myself that subconsciously my frustration with the fact that she is not home really gets to me.....even when I try to deny it.

On the brighter side of things, here is another photo I received. This photo makes me laugh when I look at it. This is quite the outfit and I like how she is holding her fingers. This photo is a visual answer to prayer for me. I had been praying from last month that Alesha would be able to sit up. This is a huge step for her. I was happy to hear and see that she is doing well and looks like she has gained some weight from the last photos I received....always a good sign :-). It will be fun to see how quickly she will develop once she gets home and gets lots of one-on-one attention. I am also looking forward to watching her try to keep up with her brothers.

At this point we are still waiting on the NOC "No Objection Certificate" The next step with be the guardianship step, which includes the scrutinizing of our paperwork, a court date, the judge granting us guardianship and then him signing off on the paperwork. After this step we wait for Alesha's passport to be issued and get ICPC clearance. After all this is completed we can book our flights in India!!! Our prayer has been that we would be in India for Alesha's first birthday, March 1st. We realize that this would be a miracle of God for this to happen! As we have prayed for this we believe that God has the power to make this happen. He has the power to supersede paperwork and governmental steps in order to bring Alesha home in HIS timing. We are also aware that God may not want us to be in India March 1st. We can say that if that is the case we know that God has a reason and we are trusting in Him alone.

Happy 11 month birthday baby girl! We love you so much and can't wait to have you home forever. Hang on, we are coming just as soon as we can.

8 comments:

jasonliberty said...

I'm going to pray with you:-) Our God is in the miracle business!!!!

Libety

Fenwick 5 said...

April,I found myself feeling the same way the other day. I was not myself.May God give us peace as we wait to bring home our daughters. Hope we get thru all this quick and side by side. Gidget:)

Julie & Patrick said...

What an adorable outfit. I still melt every time I see those huge beautiful eyes of hers too. You are almost there, though....hold on. I know those words don't bring much comfort, so I'll continue to pray for the process to pass quickly for all of you who wait.

Happy 11 months!
Julie R

ColleenC said...

Adorable pics! Hope you are able to find some peace in this most difficult time of waiting!

Vicki said...

Hugs April!! I can hear your pain in your posts. Soon you will have her in your arms and you will all be clamoring to be the one to hold her, feed her, maybe even change her...and the timing of it all will have been just right.

-Vicki B.

Kristi W. said...

Praying with you for that miracle!!!

Sweet baby girl needs to celebrate her 1st birthday with her new family!!

:)Kristi W.

Laura said...

I hear your pain. My arms LITERALLY ache some days to hold our baby, too... maybe it's not my arms, but the tighness in my chest-- hard to say! We got a little discouragement today, but God's timing is in place.

Candice said...

What a little sweetheart swallowed up in that big hat! :) It is so hard to wait when you are so close. Hang in there. So many are praying for you and for things to move quickly! Can't wait to see you all together!

CandiceS