Monday, March 14, 2011

Alesha turns 2 years old!

Wow, I am so late in posting about Alesha's 2nd birthday.  On March 1st, our baby girl turned 2 years old.  I can't believe it!  On her actual birthday we had a play date with some special friends at the Children's Museum and then had a home cooked Indian family dinner to celebrate.  That Saturday we had a huge party with extended family and friends.  

Since Alesha wasn't home yet to celebrate her 1st birthday (we had a small celebration just the 4 of us), we decided that when she turned 2 we would have a BIG birthday bash.  It was so fun to have so many people (45) come and celebrate such a special day with us.  We had the most delicious samosas, light appetizers, and lots of cake.

Alesha, has been blessed with so many gifts since she has arrived home that we decided that we would have a money tree in lieu of gifts for her party.  I am thrilled that we have a donation of $205 to send to Alesha's orphanage.  What a wonderful feeling it is to be able to give back to the orphanage that took such great care of our precious little girl until we could bring her home to her forever family.  

As I look into Alesha's precious face, I cannot help but remember her birth mother and father.  I am so thankful that they chose life for their child.  As Alesha's birthday comes around each year I am sure they must think about her.  I hope they can have a peace in knowing that Alesha is loved beyond measure and is happy and healthy.  

Alesha, we feel so blessed to have you as our daughter.  You bring so many smiles, laughter and joy to our family.  You are growing up so fast and we are so glad that we get to watch every moment.  We love you SO much.  Happy Birthday, baby girl!



This is when everybody started singing. She got a bit nervous and was squeezing both my fingers.  She was excited, but I don't think she had ever heard so many people singing before :-)
Trying to blow out the candle.
Our little princess!

Alesha's great Aunt Nancy and Uncle Allen

Family and friends.
Playing store at the Children's Museum.
Playing store with my friend, Brooklyn
Enjoying my tasty creation in the cafe.
Reading some books on the water bed with Brooklyn
Curious George was the featured exhibit.  I love Brooklyn's crossed legs and sparkly red shoes in the pic.
The Water Works exhibit was a favorite. Look at how long her lashes are in the is pic
She needs a few more inches in height.
She found the perfect place to play.  She was swishing her arms back and forth as fast as she could.  The tongue sticking out cracks me up!
Butter Chicken for Alesha's birthday dinner.  Her ALL time favorite.  She had 3 plates full!
She is showing you that she is 2 years old.  We are getting closer to having the thumb tucked in :-)
Birthday cupcake
Showing us how big she is - SOOOO BIG!
Alesha with her brothers.  She was cracking up about something in this shot.
Her reaction to the taste of the cupcake.  The girl does not like anything sweet.  She now crinkles up her nose when she doesn't like something.
Me and my 2 year old daughter.

9 comments:

Emily said...

Beautiful Mama and daughter! I love that last shot of the two of you. Happy Birthday to pixie Alesha who is growing by leaps and bounds!! I'm so glad she is with her forever family :) Emily

Kristi W. said...

Happy Birthday, Alesha!!!! What a beautiful little peanut you are! I can't wait to see you again this summer and you will have even more friends from India to play with!

:)Kristi W.

The Harmons said...

Happy Birthday Alesha! You remind me so much of Leah when I see you and read about you!
What a special day- and the money tree was a wonderful idea!

Leveta said...

Looks like a wonderful time was had by all.She is SO precious!
Leveta

Julie & Patrick said...

Happy Birthday, Alesha! I just love the Children's Museum. It looks like she had a great time too. The three kids looks so cute together. It is hard to believe that she is 2 all ready. It seems like just yesterday she was sitting on my lap in Portland. Hope we can all make it again this year!

Julie

Peter and Nancy said...

Looks like a fantastic party! Happy birthday WITH your family this year, Alesha . . . the first of many celebrations together. I just love that you made a donation back to ISRC -- what a great idea.

Fenwick 5 said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALESHA!! Looks like a fabulous celebration!! How great about the money idea and what thoughtfulness!!!:)
I am sure Anju will be grateful.She is so sweet and those lashes are beautiful!!Glad that this birthday, she was home sweet home.:)
Gidget

Laura said...

How sweet! What a perfect celebration!! She is SOOOO cute! I love that picture of the two of you!!! Laura

Building Bridges to Orphans said...

ADORABLE!!!! I think I could use your buttered chicken recipe...maybe my picky eater would eat it!!! :)
Jenny