Friday, July 17, 2009

ONE YEAR MARK

Today marks one year that we have been waiting for the referral of our precious Alesha. I can't believe we have already been in this process for 1 year, 6 months, and 2 weeks, but who's counting right?? One year ago today we were placed on the waiting list at #13 and now we are waiting at #3. I am excited to finally be close to the top of the list.

As I sit here writing I am wondering where our baby girl is?. Is she born yet? Is she safe? What does she look like? When will she be coming home? What about her birth mother? When will "the call" FINALLY come? To all these questions I have NO answers, but God does. I MUST rest in this truth. I know that Alesha will come home when the timing is perfect. When I look back over this LONG and at times PAINFUL process I know in the end I will see God's PERFECT plan. I have been able to look back over my life and see how God planned out situations that didn't make sense to ME at the time, but now that I am on the other side I see His wisdom in the timing. If only I could see the big picture like HE does :-)

Yesterday, I took the boys to the library to pick up their prizes for completing the Summer Reading Program and was blessed to see the most adorable little Indian baby girl. She was SO precious it was all I could do to not ask if I could hold her. She had the biggest brown eyes and gorgeous smile. She had a little pink hat on, cute little outfit, jewelry on both arms and legs, and a bindi on her forehead. I told her grandma how gorgeous she was and told the baby girl what a pretty little girl she was...the baby gave me the biggest smile...it melted my heart. MAN do I want my baby girl home!!!

Today my heart is in India with my baby girl. We will be celebrating this 1 year marker with a home cooked Indian dinner.

We love you Alesha!!

6 comments:

Shad and Maggie Alsworth said...

Stay strong!! "IT" will happen!! Only He knows when the perfect moment is! Bless you and your family on this 1 year mark!

The Labontes said...

Glad you're marking this part of your journey. Enjoy a lovely meal! We can't wait to "meet" your baby girl either :)
Kristy

Pam said...

That one year mark is rough. We waited 15 months for Micah's referral. Long, hard days. Hang in there!!! You are doing great things to keep yourself busy while you are waiting. I read a book called "You're late again, Lord" while we waited. It talked about waiting with purpose. I'd say you guys are doing just that. What a great testimony!

Amy said...

Congrats on the one year - a huge milestone knowing God sustained you through it all. Can't wait to see baby girl's pic :)

Peter and Nancy said...

Every day that goes by is one that you don't have to do over . . . but so hard when you don't know when you'll see your daughter's first photo. Your attitude during the wait is so trusting and God-honoring.
-- Nancy

Candice said...

I'm sorry you are having to wait. I know it will make the joy at finally seeing her face all the more special!

Candice