Thursday, July 02, 2009

Orphan Movie

I have heard various comments about this movie in conversations, radio, etc, but have never watched the trailer for it until tonight. YIKES! It is scary!

I am impressed and so thankful that the Christian Alliance for Orphans put together this video in response to the movies current trailer. Please view by clicking on this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVdluy-hEF8. There is a petition I encourage you to sign by going to www.orphansdeservebetter.org . I am disappointed and angry that Warner Bros would make such a movie at the expense of children and portray orphans in this light. I am not quite sure how to put into words what I am feeling at this moment. I just hope that this movie will not scare people away from adoption. There are so many beautiful children needing a loving home.

3 comments:

Fenwick 5 said...

You are right about being evil!! I was taking my kids to the free movies and I seen a poster of this movie,and I as soon as I did,I got this evil feeling before I knew the rating. What is the purpose of a movie like that? In fact lots of movies here latley...just don't do nothing. I think this is a tool of the enenmy to stop people from adopting...well I got news for the devil,we are going to get Maiya and with the Lord's blessing,Praise to God!! Have a great weekend,Giget:)

theheartofachild said...

AMEN!!! Thanks for spreading the word!
Jenny

Peter and Nancy said...

I would never have heard of this movie if not for my blog mama friends -- thanks for sharing the link. It's so sad to think about the effect this might have on the public's opinion of adoption. Last I heard, they agreed to change the trailer, but I believe the movie itself is being left as is.
-- Nancy