Thursday, January 07, 2010

ARTICLE 5 so Glad you Arrived!

Last night I made my first call EVER to a US Embassy. This Embassy would be in India and it was quite the experience. From dialing a very long phone number, to a weird ring tone, to being promptly greeeted by a very friendly heavy accented voice then to be put on hold and then promptly disconnected. At this point my husband and I were beginning to laugh a bit. I then called again and this time the first scenario played out, but I was put on hold for a very long time. During this wait I was able to listen to Christmas music that sounded like it was being played off of one of those wind up old fashioned record players back in the old days.....it was playing fa, la,la, la, la , la (wind up here as it was fading) to a louder FA, LA, LA and this was accompanied by static. We were laughing pretty hard at this point. As I waited on hold I was hoping that the rest of this call would play out okay. I was greeted by a nice man who I could barely understand and he said he could help me and then put his hand over the phone and carried on a conversation that I could faintly hear with another person that must have been sitting next to him. He then came back on and said that our Article 5 was sent to CARA yesterday. I repeated back what I thought I heard him say and he confirmed. I then asked if I would be getting an email regarding the approval and he said yes and I asked if it would be today and then the conversation blurred heavily at that point. Thankfully I received the confirmation letter today and all is well. I can only imagine what our Embassy appointment will be like when we are there in person.

I took the boys shopping yesterday so they could spend some of their Christmas money that was burning a hole in their pocket and found these adorable outfits while we were there. I haven't bought hardly anything for Alesha, because I don't know how big she will be or the exact time she will be home, but I couldn't resist these. I figured that I would just buy an outfit on her monthly birthday until I have her in my arms.

This is my favorite. I held it up to Luke and asked him what he thought.
He said "Oh, Alesha will look so good in that. She will look good in red."
I couldn't agree more. Our little princess already has an outfit with her name on it :-)

I love purple and this was so cute I couldn't pass it up.

10 comments:

jasonliberty said...

I'm so glad you received your article 5, each step completed is like a breath of fresh air! I know the waiting is hard, but how awesome when God sends us little blessings like new clothes to brighten our day:-)

Liberty

Fenwick 5 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fenwick 5 said...

YAY,It seemed like this step took a while for us. Hoping NOC is quick for both of us and what cute outfits.:) Gidget

Laura said...

April~
That is so funny!! I didn't have to ever call the Embassy, but we got close. Tami had said if it didn't arrive the next day, we would need to call! How great that you kept your sense of humor about it. That's all we can do. Shopping therapy is nice, too! Love the outfits. That is the only thing I have "grieved" about getting another boy-- oh, the clothes:)

Sara said...

Congrats! You will be a pro when you have to call again to make your appointment (if that is still the routine) when you get Alesha! And it's so much better in person so don't worry! Glad things are moving along for y'all! The clothes are too cute!

Peter and Nancy said...

I love the phone call play-by-play! Glad you have this step completed!

It's a fun idea to do something anticipatory (is that a word?) on her month birthdays . . . and very sweet that your sons care about her future fashion statements. :o)
Nancy

Kristi W. said...

Congrats on article 5! Now on to NOC and I hope it's speedy. Love, love, love the red outfit!!! She will look SO GOOD in red. Someday soon you can post a pic of her in it! :)

theheartofachild said...

YEA...one step closer!!! Congrats! Love the outfits! I have bought a few things hesitantly cuz I don't want to buy stuff she'll never use. But, it is just fun to do every once in awhile!!!!
Blessings,
Jenny
(Thinking we must be in court...but no official word!)

The Labontes said...

So glad the Article 5 came through. Our experience with the embassy phone call was tough, but in person it was lovely this time. Very sweet people that were easy to understand. Hope it is this smooth for you as well.
Kristy

Julie & Patrick said...

Another step! How great that must feel to have accomplished. Treating yourself...um, I mean Alesha to a new outfit too always help to make things seem more real too!

Enjoy!
Julie R