Sunday, July 10, 2011

Great America Video - Day 4 - The drive home

After packing everything up I finally fell asleep around midnight.  At 2:30 a.m. I awoke to get dressed and pack the kids in the car for the LONG drive home.  We left at 3:00 a.m.  It didn't take as long for the kids to fall back asleep and we made it to Redding California before we knew it.  After some breakfast and some stretching we headed out for another long stretch. At last we arrived at our home 12 hours later.

Things I learned on Day 4

1.  It is wise to get to sleep a bit earlier if you plan on leaving at 2:30 a.m.
2.  There is not much activity in California or a hotel at 2:30 a.m.
3.  The McDonald's in Redding does not have a changing table.
4.  There is a $5 fee to pay somewhere along the way to Oregon
5.  One can experience "carlag" very similar to "jetlag" when spending 12 hours in a car.
6.  A 12 hours drive + two 10 hour days at an amusement park + a 12 hour drive home = VERY exhausted parents and happy kids.
7.  There is little motivation to empty out a car of luggage, etc. when you have just traveled 12 hours.
8.  Laundry seems daunting after a trip.
9.  We will probably fly the next time we go to Great America.  I think there will be much less recovery time on both ends......at least for the parents.
10.  It is nice to sleep in my own bed.

Here is a video my husband put together of the trip.  We highly recommend Great America!

1 comment:

pjtj said...

I had fun looking at your blog! Looks like you had a great time and I enjoyed the roller coaster video since I am pregnant this summer will not include roller coaster rides. Thanks for including your viewers on your adventure!