Monday, July 04, 2011

Strawberry Picking

I promised the kids that we would pick strawberries this year.  Last year we missed the short season with coming back from India.  We headed out to Hoffman Farms on a perfect Friday evening.  The sun was warming our backs just as a cool breeze kicked up to keep us nice and comfortable.  I have some fast pickers!  Between the boys and I we picked 16 lbs of berries in 25 minutes!  Alesha, mostly walked the aisles, pulled off a few strawberry bush leaves, and played with dirt clots.  I hulled, froze, and made 9 containers of freezer jam.  Can't wait to see how the blueberry, boysenberry, marionberry, and raspberry picking goes. 

They have a really fun play structure for the kids to play on.  The slide is wicked  FAST!

Let the picking begin!
Add caption


This was the only berry she ate the entire trip.  Not a big fan.


Alesha helped me carry my bucket


Apparently Alesha didn't understand you are supposed to pick the red berry not the green leaves.

Playing with the dirt.

2 of the 3 picked buckets. Can you say YUM?

No comments: