Saturday, July 02, 2011

Luke's 11th Birthday!

Luke's birthday this year fell on the LAST day of school!  What a cool birthday present, huh?  As usual Luke picked Red Robin for his birthday dinner.  Let's just say it was PACKED with end of the school year celebrations.  Grandma was a blessing getting there early to save a table :-)
Our family with Luke's great grandma not quite with the group, but made it in the photo.  Grandma Lulu is taking the picture.
The birthday sundae!
The famous onion ring tower.  Grandma buys this every year for Luke.

The following Monday, Luke invited a couple of friends to go to Sky High Jump in Tigard.  What a FUN place to go.  There is dodge ball, free jump, huge foam pit, video arcade area, and a large snack bar.  The boys jumped for 2 hours and had a blast!

The boys all sweaty after jumping.

Catching air in the free jump area
Most of the time was spent in the dodge ball area.


We then came home for pizza, ice cream, presents, and an air soft war.




It is hard to believe that my youngest boy is 11 years old already.  As I get older the years seem to fly by quicker all the time.  Luke, you are such a loving, compassionate, giving, and funny young man.  You make me smile, and I am so proud to call you my son.  Happy Birthday! I love you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We will have our very own 11 year old later this summer . . . What a great celebration you had!

It's so strange to think about the years we have raising them being past their halfway point -- I've had that thought when each of my guys turned 9. I always thought it was a cliche when people told me that the time would go quickly. But now I know it's true!

I love seeing your family enjoying each other. :o)
Nancy