Wednesday, December 03, 2008

11 MONTHS

Today makes the 11 month marker of our adoption process. I can't believe it has already been that long. It is strange at times to think that one day we will finally have a little girl running around our home. I often think of how different situations will play out. We sit at the dinner table and imagine the high chair that will be holding our little girl, going out to a restaurant and knowing someday we will ask for a table of 5 not 4, knowing that there will be 3 kids in the back seat of our car, instead of just 2, and on and on it goes. I know in my heart that our daughter will come when the time is right, but to be honest there are times when I wonder if it will ever really happen.

I have been having a VERY difficult time waiting lately. This is a problem, because I don't even have a referral yet! When I actually have a photo of my little princess I know that the wait will just be that much harder. At the moment I am very frustrated with getting the approval of our I-800A form. It has been 5 months since we sent in our paperwork, we have been fingerprinted in August, and still no approval. I have spent countless hours on the phone and have sent countless emails and am growing weary. It is frustrating when you always get a different answer to your questions. At this point it appears that there might be a light at the end of this very long and dark tunnel. I want so badly to control things, but know there is only so much I can do. I know I need to get used to the waiting and all the snags along the way, but it is so hard when our baby girl is on the other end of this enormous amount of paperwork.

At this point all I can say is (sing the below to the song "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth"

ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS
IS MY I-800A,
MY I-800A,
MY I-800A

GEE, IF I COULD ONLY HAVE
MY I-800A
THEN I COULD WISH YOU
"MERRY CHRISTMAS"

I WILL and DO wish you all a Merry Christmas even if it doesn't come.

7 comments:

Amy said...

Praying it comes soon!!!! The waiting is just hard - no way around it. Pre-referral, post-referral and now the whole I-800 issue. Hopefully things will start rolling right along! Cyber-hug to you! Your little girl will be worth the wait :).

Shad and Maggie Alsworth said...

Too cute!! The 5th marks 1 year for us!! My prayers are with you during the holidays!!

-Maggie

Corrigan Party of Six said...

i'm praying for you guys! i was just reading some of my Compassion material and it was saying how important it is to adopt girls from India, since the culture doesn't value them as highly as boys... i am so excited for you to get your precious girl as soon as possible! just praying for everything to be processed on angel's wings!

Kristi W. said...

The good thing about the wait (is there anything good about it really?) is that it goes in waves. You'll struggle really hard for a while and then you'll do better for a while before you dip back into the struggle. Hang in there. This whole I-800A thing really stinks. I'm sorry that there is added delay on top of all of the waiting you already knew you would have to do. Like Amy said...your baby girl will be so worth it. You'll be on my end soon enough reflecting on your old frustrations. In the meantime, I'll be praying for that stinkin I-800A to roll in asap!! :)

Sarah Vertner said...

I just read http://www.internetcafedevotions.com/2008/12/breathing-patience.html this morning... maybe you can read it and be encouraged.


It is amazing what God is doing through your adoption, and it is so much more than giving you a daughter! Thank you for sharing the experience and your testimony. What a celebration it will be!!

Fenwick 5 said...

April,I hope we get our approvals for Christmas!!!The waiting is so hard,but one day the wait will be no more.Sending encouragment your way.I am hanging right there with you.One day we will have another beautiful blessing.Gidget

Peter and Nancy said...

I remember weeks when I was so grateful for my sons, because they kept me busy and kept my mind off the heartache of waiting. It WILL happen -- just not soon enough, I'm sure. Praying that the excitement of a referral will soon be yours!
-- Nancy