Friday, December 26, 2008

SNOW!!!!!!!!!

The snow this year is definitely memorable!!! I have lived here my entire life and haven't seen this much snow and have it last this long. It never snows this much in our neck of the woods. This year for the first time on Christmas day there was snow falling from the sky and snow all over the ground. I love the snow!!! It is so beautiful and pure. Snow reminds me of the song that says...." sin has left a crimson stain, HE washed it white as snow" Thank you Jesus for your saving grace!!

The boys were so excited to see how much snow there was
Martin is holding a knife because he had to cut through the ice
so the yard stick would go to the ground for an accurate reading.
Just about 12" of snow. AMAZING!

Luke is holding a sheet of ice. It snowed and then we got
freezing rain and about 1/4" of ice and then more snow on top.
It is going to take quite a bit of time before this all melts.

This is the view from my kitchen window. I love to look
at the beautiful snow while I am cooking away in the kitchen.

This is the view from our front room window..oh so pretty!

Another view

3 comments:

Amy said...

Wow, the snow is beautiful! I am jealous! I'm dreaming of a white Christmas here in the South ;).

Peter and Nancy said...

Gorgeous! What a beautiful Christmas present for you. We've had a very white Christmas month . . . over 30 inches before the last two snowfalls. My husband had to go up on the roof and shovel some off today. :o)
-- Nancy

ColleenC said...

I love the snow! It was warm and sunny here but I miss white Christmases (we ALWAYS had them where I grew up and while I don't miss driving in it or shoveling it I totally miss the pretty scenes and sledding and snowmen and skiing- apparently I need to drive to the mountains : )