Thursday, November 19, 2009

BEAUTIFUL!

We are beyonds words! We now have the privilege of introducing to you our daughter Alesha Mugdha Pfeiffer! She was born on March 1, 2009. We feel so blessed!!!!! God has answered our many prayer and we are SO thankful. I had prayed specifically that when I saw our referral picture I would know without a shadow of a doubt that this baby girl is who God had planned for our family. When we opened up the photo to see our first glimpse of our future daughter our entire family knew deep in our hearts that this was indeed our precious Alesha!
We accepted a referral for this precious Indian princess on November 17, 2009. The wait to post her picture has been killing me. The policy is to wait until we receive the acceptance paperwork package. The FedEx man delivered the package this morning at 10:20 a.m. as I was watching out the window to make sure he didn't drive by our house. He was supposed to deliver by 10:30 so I was ready with open arms to receive "the package" . This package contains a TON of documents that need to signed so our weekend plans have just been made. A date with a massive stack of papers and a few ink pens. Let the signing begin.

You may be wondering when we can travel to India and bring our daughter home. We are told that it can take anywhere from 6-8 months to complete the remainder of steps and paperwork. We are trusting that God will bring our precious daughter home in HIS timing, whatever that looks like. We will continue to trust and wait like we did for our referral. Although this wait is going to be much harder when we have this beautiful face to look at every day.
Our hearts are bursting with joy! We are praising God for his faithfulness to us and trusting HIM for the remainder of this journey.
Alesha, we love you SO much and we can't wait to have you in our arms!
Love, Mommy, Daddy, Martin and Luke


26 comments:

Traci said...

Hooray!!!! I'm so thrilled for you and for her! Congratulations!

Karen said...

Aaaaah! April, she is SO BEAUTIFUL!! I'm so so happy for you! Joy joy joy!
:) Karen W, Jenya's mom

Not By Chance said...

Oh wow April! She is soooo cute, so cute... what a princess! I am so happy for you! I hope the shoes fit! :)

She shares a b-day with my daughter Ruthie (just 3 years later!) :)

Love,
Susie

Fenwick 5 said...

Oh how sweet she is and look at that hair. Isn't it great when you just know it is your daughter. You won't be far behind us now,so we just might be going to India together!! Didn't you just love to get that package,don't be overwhelmed,just one step at a time!! HOORAY so happy for you,can't wait to see more pictures! Our babies might be crib mates soon,how neat! Gidget:)

Sara said...

Congratulations, April! Finally!! She is just gorgeous and looks full of personality, too. Hoping the paperwork process goes by fast for you!

ColleenC said...

Aww, so adorable! Love those big, soulful eyes!!!

The Labontes said...

April, she is absolutely GORGEOUS! Conratulations! Wish we would have been able to go to ISRC and met her.

Kristy

Vicki said...

Congratulations April, Darin, Martin and Luke!! What exciting times. I'm so happy for all of you. These next few months will feel like they are dragging by, but you know it will all happen when it is supposed to and your lives will never be the same. You have a daughter, a sister, a new family member. Hugs and cheers to all!
-Vicki

Anonymous said...

How sweet! I saw my niece and I cried.

-love, Benjamin

Pam said...

Congrats! she is beautiful!!! Happy signing! :)
Pam
Micah's Momma

Missy said...

I'm in tears just reading your post! She is BEAUTIFUL, April - absolutely precious! I am so excited for your family - please tell the big brothers "Congrats" on their new baby sister! We will be praying with you and for her over the next few months...hugs.

:) Missy and family

Eric and Cheryl said...

Crying tears of joy for you April. She is so beautiful and I can't wait for you to have her in your arms. :) God is good and faithful!

Julie & Patrick said...

Lucky #2...I told you!!

Many many congrats...she is darling. Love those huge expressive eyes!!

Happy Dancing one more time!!!
Julie R

Peter and Nancy said...

What a sweet, bright-eyed face! She is absolutely beautiful . . . congratulations to your whole family!
Nancy

Sommer said...

PRAISE THE LORD!!!

Kristi W. said...

Finally it's your turn!!!! Yay! I'm so happy for you guys. Alesha is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!! Her eyes are amazing! You waited so long and I'm so glad that your daughter is on her way home. I hope you have a wonderful celebration as you sign your names over and over and over this weekend.

:)Kristi W.

Amy said...

YAYYYY! She is breath-taking! I am so happy for you! Soon you will be together :)

jasonliberty said...

April, She is just beautiful! I am so very happy for you! Have fun signing those precious papers. When I fed exed mine back to dillon the lady behind the counter asked me if there was anything of value in the package. I immediately broke down in tears. I told her they were "priceless"

Liberty

Corrigan Party of Six said...

April - what a blessing, miracle and sweet gift. Praying for you guys that these next months of waiting fly by, and that Jesus would care for your baby girl until the day you can. So happy for you!

Todd and Michele said...

She is beautiful! Love the name. I'm so glad I'm able to follow your journey.

Michele
(mommy to 2 ISRC babies, Ahlyana 4 1/2 and Dreyden 22 months)

theheartofachild said...

Beautiful girl! Congratulations!!! So excited to see referrals coming in for Dillon families!
Jenny
(waiting on Abby in India)
needhamfamily5.blogspot.com

Laura Meeuwsen said...

Wow!!! She is BEAUTIFUL!! Congratulations!! We will be praying for a quick and smooth time of paperwork, so that you can see your precious daughter soon!!

Love,
The Meeuwsen Family

Heather said...

Congratulations! She is adorable. It is so exciting that a match was made. I am looking forward to following your journey.

Heather
Piyashi Wren's mom

Tammy said...

So happy for you and your family!! She is adorable! I know someone else who has a referral for adoption and is now waiting just as you are...praying for all of you!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful girl! She looks like an Alesha. I'm SO glad that you are on the final stretch of this race.
Rachel Smith

Michael McMullen said...

I'm super excited for you guys! Blessing to you all!