Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Taekwondo

I signed Luke up for a beginners class in Taekwondo this term for school. Triforce Northwest Taekwondo offers classes at our local homeschool campus. It has been a great experience for Luke and we are already signed up for the next term. On the last day of class Luke took his test to advance from white belt to white stripe belt. For this test you must break a board with a single kick. Luke did GREAT! He broke the board on the first try and then broke it in half again! It was so cool and everybody was really excited for him.

Luke with is Instructor. He is holding the pieces of the board and his advancement belt.
Practicing some round kicks

The board break!

The kick that broke the board

1 comment:

Fenwick 5 said...

My boys would like this.I am thinking of signing my son up this spring,I think he would like it:) Looks like this is christian based,how wonderful is that? Hope u get your call soon and maybe we go to India together,Call me if you need to talk,Gidget:)