Monday, March 08, 2010

Alesha's 1st Birthday Party

Here are a few shots from our family of four celebration of our precious Alesha's first birthday. In our hearts we SO wanted to be in India to celebrate her special day with her. Since we couldn't, I prepared an Indian dinner, the boys baked and decorated a cake (pink frosting with red writing), we bought some balloons, cards, a new pretty pink picture frame to frame one of my favorite pictures of Alesha, and had a mini celebration. I held it together for the most part the day of her birthday, it was the day after that I broke down. I am just happy to say that we will be able to celebrate her 2nd birthday as a family of 5! We are looking forward to a BIG birthday bash :-)





2 comments:

Sara said...

Someday she will LOVE looking at those photos and truly understand how much she is loved and wanted. Hope she is home very soon!

Julie & Patrick said...

What a nice party and way to prepare for her arrival home forever. I love the cake. The kids did a great job of decorating!!

I hope that your travel news comes soon!
Julie R