Wednesday, March 31, 2010

UPDATE

Just a quick update on the adoption. We received word last night that the judge signed off on our guardianship papers!!!!! I am telling you there seems to be a trend going on these days. Every time I leave town or leave the house for the evening FANTASTIC news shows up in our email inbox! I was running errands last night before I was to meet a friend at Marie Callendars for our weekly treat and chat. I was standing in Target checking out when my cell phone goes off. The battery was about dead so I was surprised that it rang in the first place. I picked it up quickly and my husband says "We just got an email from a lady named Tami. Do you know anybody by that name." What a FUNNY guys, right???? I knew exactly who he was talking about and he then says "The judge signed off on the legals for Alesha's guardianship!" I am so happy I can hardly contain myself as the checker is looking at me and scanning my items. I am so flustered as I try to hold the phone, scan my credit card that I tell him I will call him back in a minute. The checker looks at me and says congratulations on whatever news you just received. Apparently my face said it ALL, because I didn't say anything, except what? and really?. I told her I was sorry I was on the phone and I didn't mean to be rude (it a pet peeve of mine when people are just chatting up a storm when people are trying to provide a service to them). I then tell her we just received word that the judge signed off on the legal documents for our daughter that we are adopting. She says that is great news and that is definitely a call you didn't want to miss. I left the store jumping out of my skin with probably the BIGGEST smile you have ever seen on my face. When I got to the car I called my husband back and we celebrated and then I panicked a bit thinking of everything that needs to be accomplished in such a short time! Then off to meet my friend and share the good news over a delicious lemon muffin!! FYI, Marie Callendars has the most amazing, huge, lemon muffin and it is only $1.89! It is SOOO yummy.

So what is next you might ask. The paperwork will be submitted this week for Alesha's visa and passport. Our agency will apply for ICPC travel clearance next week and then we will be set to book our flights to INDIA!!!!!!!!!!!! My mind is having a difficult time shutting off these days. I went to bed last night at around midnight and then laid there wide awake until about 2 a.m. with a billion thoughts running through my head!! I have decided that I need to just prioritize the MOST important things so they are completed and the rest will just have to fall through the cracks. Those who know me, know that this is going to be REALLY difficult!!!! I love to have all my ducks in a row and have everything completed perfectly right down to the littlest thing!!! At this point I just want to have my daughter home and if little things don't get done before I fly to get her then so be it. My priorities right now are getting malaria meds for all 4 of us, buying a car seat for Alesha, so we can bring her home from the airport, working on purchasing the items we need for travel and getting everything in the travel packet completed!

We finished painting Alesha's room on Sunday. It needs a lot of detail work, but at least the main part is completed. I sent off for the boy's visa's Monday morning so they should be here within a week or so. I am still in shock that we will be traveling in May to bring our baby girl home. It has been such a long journey and we are finally at the end. The thought of having Alesha in my arms brings tears to my eyes! Our boys are jumping out of their skin with excitement!

This has been such an exciting week with Liberty flying to pick up baby Ben, and Gidget, Laura and I receiving guardianship. Thank you judge for your speediness! I had a dream early this morning that I was able to meet my blogging friends in India. It was really fun! I hope this dream comes true. Alesha, we are SO close to meeting you for the first time. I pray that you won't be too scared and that God will prepare your heart for all the changes that are before you. We love you so much and will do everything we can to make your transition to your forever family as easy as possible. I am longing to hold you in my arms, give you lots of kisses, and tell you how much I love you. It won't be too much longer baby girl, hang on, mommy is coming!

9 comments:

Fenwick 5 said...

Yay,Yay,I just did the same thing last night,I fell asleep around 9:30,woke up at two and was checking my email.
When I start to think of things I still need to do to prepare,it is all happening so fast,but I am not complaining. I hope your dream comes to pass about us all meeting with our babies!! Maggie's video of Pala made me even more anxious when I watched it last night!!:)

Vicki B said...

I'm SO happy for you guys!!!! Your post gave me shivers and brought a tear-filled smile to my face.

Here's a little advice, keep a pad of paper and a pen on your night stand. When you are lying there with thoughts you are afraid you'll forget - jot them down to clear your mind so you can get a few hours of sleep. You need your sleep now, because soon your sleep will be interuppted.

I can not only imagine the big smile on your face, but also the boys (all 3 of them). LOL I'm imagining the first time you all meet your baby girl - you'll be crying, Darin will be smiling with tears in his eyes and the boys will have smiles that will light up the entire country of India.

And yeah, India requires lots of post placement visits so I get to see you lots!

Happy preparing. Remember to breathe!

-Vicki

SarahinOK said...

Yippeee! I'm celebrating with you and can't believe the storm/shower of good news and progress lately! What an encouragement to me you all have been! Can't wait to follow your journey to India!!!

Julie & Patrick said...

This is such wonderful news and I know....after waiting sooo long it is hard to wrap your head around the idea that in a very short while you will all be on a plane bound for India!!

Thrilled for you!

Julie R

Corrigan Party of Six said...

congratulations! how exciting!! i hope you got your Ergo too! that will be priceless in keeping her close :)

Laura said...

April~
That is fantastic news!! HOW SPEEDY!!! Wouldn't that be simply amazing if we were all there at the same time??!!! I can't sleep,either. Well, I can sleep once I fall asleep but I can't FALL asleep! I like the idea of keeping a notepad beside the bed to jot down the thoughts that race. Hoping to meet you in person soon:)

theheartofachild said...

YEA!!! WOW...he was quick! We got good news today in that our case got taken off hold. Praying for quick written guardianship so I can be one of the bloggy friends you meet in May...LOL!
Jenny

Heather said...

I am so incredibly thrilled for you!! It will be so fun to watch you travel to meet your daughter--you have been waiting so long.

Heather

Peter and Nancy said...

I'm trying to read through happy tears. :o) (That's my new favorite hobby, with all the good news lately!) Happy planning and packing over the next few weeks!
Nancy