Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Our homeschool group had a couple representatives from the House of Reptiles come and show our group a number of very cool reptiles. The boys thought this show was very cool and touched everything they were allowed to touch. Some of the reptiles were off limits to touch for the kids. This guy was extremely comfortable with every reptile, spider, snake, etc that he showed.

Scorpion - They have a fluid inside them that makes them glow.
If you shine a light they turn blue so you can find them when it is dark...cool!

I am NOT a fan of spiders. This creeped me out.

He is so casual for having a spider this big crawling up his arm!
Can't remember the name of this one, but the both boys pet it.
Young alligator. Pretty cute at this size.

This alligator sat like this for quite some time. It looks so funny.


Notice he kept the head away from the kids....good idea.
It had been devenomized.


I told the mom sitting next to me that when you see a tool being
held by a handler you know the danger level just went up!
This snake was mean and not in the mood to show off!

CREEPY!

FREAKY!




Can't remember the name of this one, but it was really
mellow and super soft. I even touched this one.

Not something I would wear around my neck!

This snake was really long.
Luke touching the boa constrictor - Martin did too,
I just didn't get it on camera.

4 comments:

ColleenC said...

Such fun stuff you guys are doing! I know my boys would love the climbing AND the snakes! Not sure I would love either : )

Fenwick 5 said...

Oh I have to say...GROSS!!:) My boys would say cool I guess,but not me. In fact I could not even look at the pictures,just scrolled down to comment.HAHA Seriously,I have a bad phobia of s.....! Will not even look at pictures not even on T.V., will I look.:( Just being me,GIGI.
Hoping we hear good news soon about both of our court process!!! I wonder who the mystery family is that is in courts with us or if they are in front of us or behind us? DO u know? I have finally settled down as I was very anxious. Maybe this means something good will happen soon to move us closer!! Have a great week,Gidget

Julie & Patrick said...

Very cool reptiles!! How fun to see them out of cages and up close!!

Julie R

Yule {b}Log said...

Although my children would have enjoyed that, I would not.