Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Final thoughts of our India trip to bring Alesha home

As I have been recounting our travels to India I have been amazed at how clearly all the details of the trip are.  When I type the words it is a though I am reliving those moments one at a time in real time. It is as though I can feel the heat, smell the various aromas, and hear all the chatter and horns.  I guess when you experience something so emotional and life changing those experiences stay vivid in your mind.

Throughout our adoption process I have referred to the TV show the Amazing Race.  Along the 2 1/2 year process we hit some mandatory rest stops (playing the waiting game!) and hit some major speed bumps (USCIS, expired paperwork, etc).  We have now finished the FINAL leg of our race.  We have won the grand prize of bringing our precious daughter, Alesha home to her forever family!  Our travels to India continued our Amazing Race scenario with our fair share of "u-turns and speed bumps along the way.  With the relentless heat, extreme sickness, a family death, moments of panic, we made it through with God's help.  Our friends in India could not have been a bigger blessing to us while we were there.  They helped us out in so many ways they are too many to count.  From being there for emotional support, to providing meals, lodging, and transportation, to building a deeper friendship together while there, are all priceless gifts to us.  God used our friends in a mighty way on this trip and we could not be more grateful for their hospitality, kindness and friendship.

This trip to India was life changing.  We left the United States as a family of 4 and returned as a family of 5.  The memories and experiences we had in India will last a lifetime.  How grateful I am that God helped me to overcome my fears of taking our boys with us to India.  I believe that God will use this experience in their lives for years to come.  Our family could not feel more blessed to have Alesha a part of our family.  It feels as though she has always been here.  I love watching Alesha with her brothers.  They absolutely adore her.  Their brother/sister relationship is precious.

We are so thankful to God for the gift of adoption.  We thank God for providing and meeting our needs every step of the way throughout our adoption process.  How thankful we are to God for allowing us to be the parents of three amazing children!  We are also forever grateful to Alesha's birth parents.  They chose LIFE for their baby and even though we don't have much information regarding their circumstances, I hope they can have peace knowing that their daughter is loved beyond measure by her forever family and by the God who knitted her together in her mother's womb.

Alesha, we love you so much!.  Everyday I look at you I am thankful that God brought you into our lives.  You  keep us on our toes.  Your wonderful personality and beautiful smile bring us so much joy. You are truly a treasure!

3 comments:

SLP said...

I really appreciate these posts! I have loved reading them and cried many times! We are waiting for ICPC and our daughter's passport. Then we will FLY! Thank you for sharing and your daughter (and family) are beautiful!

Cristy said...

I have loved reading your blogs on bringing Alesha home. Your journey is precious and very encouraging to me.

Julie & Patrick said...

Amen!

Julie