Friday, May 20, 2011

Home 1 year today

One year ago today, we stood in an orphanage in Kolkata, India and became a family of 5.  Alesha, you were placed in our arms FOREVER!  We have been blessed beyond measure.  Daily we look at you and thank God for allowing us to be your parents and brothers.  You are full of energy and bring so much joy to those around you.

It is so exciting to celebrate our first Alesha Day/Forever Family Day!  It is hard to believe that we have had you for a year already!  You are a precious gift to our family.  There are not enough words to describe all that you have added to our family.  Alesha, we love you SO much!


 My husband did an amazing job on capturing Alesha's joy and beauty.

Our beautiful princess - 26 months old
She is so full of joy!


Blowing mommy kisses!
Sweet girl!


6 comments:

Peter and Nancy said...

Congratulations! The one-year mark, and that day when our daughter was with us as long as she was in the orphanage, were such milestones to reach. Your husband is an amazing photographer -- and Alesha is gorgeous, as always!
Nancy

Julie & Patrick said...

She is such a sweet little girl, so full of vibrant life!
Congrats. I hope you have a fun celebration!

Julie

Fenwick 5 said...

So full of JOY she is!! How sweet.:) I wish you lived closer so your husband could take our pictures. We get ours made this summer!! I like all of these pictures!!
Maiya is now in a diaper eating a cone of mint chocolate ice cream,while the boys are out getting soaked in the water hose!! Yikes my water bill...Gotta go.LOL

Charity said...

I just stumbled across your blog as I was looking for blogs on adoption from India. Your little girl is beautiful! We are just starting the process to adopt from India. Just sent in our application. We came home with our daughter from Ethiopia this past November and were for some reason recently drawn to the India program. I have a feeling we are in for another long ride (this is our third adoption - one China, one Ethiopia, and I have one Biological son as well), but we are so excited to be on this journey. I'm looking forward to reading about the families who have been there before us, or who are in process with us, as we progress along the way.

Congrats on your one year forever family day!!!

Charity
http://www.familyredefined.blogspot.com

pjtj said...

Hi April, I was wondering if you would email me...I had some questions! My email is tammyhouge@yahoo.com Dawson has some fungus in his hair and I remember your experience with scabies and just wanted to compare notes:) Thanks!! Tammy

pjtj said...

Oh no! I just realized my other comment didn't go through days ago! Congrats to you and your anniversary! We now share the same Gotcha Days (ours a year later)!! You have an amazing little girl...obviously being raised by Godly loving parents!