Sunday, May 15, 2011

Spring Break - March 2011

We made our annual Spring Break Trip to Gearhart, OR and then to Ocean Park, WA.  The kids get to see both sets of grandparents on this trip.  Last spring break we were on pins and needles wondering when we were going to travel to India to bring our precious Alesha home.  In fact, at this exact time last year Darin called me to tell me that we were granted guardianship. This year Alesha was traveling along with us. Amazing what can happen in a year.  The weather wasn't that great this year so we spent a lot of time inside playing games, watching movies, putting models together, swimming, and eating good food.


Alesha, with her Grandpa Pfeiffer

Grandma and Grandpa Pfeiffer with our kids

Alesha with her Grandma Pfeiffer.  I love her smile in this pic.
 The pictures below were taken in Ocean Park, WA
Playing a little basketball with her brothers

Grandma Lulu got her a tricycle.

Not quite big enough

This works, now I need a push

Martin comes to the rescue


Our three kids

Putting model cars together with Grandpa Tom

Putting model cars together with Grandpa Tom

This picture looks like a photo used for advertising toys.  I used to play with these blocks when I was a little girl.

She found the UNO cards and was having a hay day sorting through them

Found her brother Luke's shoes - Peace out

Martin decided to braid Alesha's hair

We had to end Martin's spring break early as he woke up with  102 degree fever :-(

After we returned home and I was tending to Martin, Alesha got a hold of a bottle of nail polish, got the lid off and decided to paint my carpet with it.  What a lovely gift for her mommy!  I must be getting old, because it didn't really even faze me.  There is never a dull moment in our house!  Look at that innocent face.


1 comment:

Peter and Nancy said...

I really love seeing your kids with their grandparents! We are spoiled to have both sets within 20 miles of us, and it's such a blessing.

Alesha is looking more like a little girl and less babyish -- her ponytails make her look so grown up! Adorable.

Hope Martin wasn't out of commission too long!
Nancy