Friday, March 06, 2009

Fun!

My oldest son is in Awanas this year and every week they have a fun theme for the kids. This particular night it was crazy hat night. My son had told me this was coming up, but I got busy and totally forgot about it.

The evening play out like this.....It is about 1 hour before we have to leave to take him to Awanas and I still have dinner to make. He says to me "Mom, I don't have anything for crazy hat night!" I said "I am so sorry I totally forgot, let's see what we can come up with." We scramble to find what we have around the house to make this hat, because clearly we don't have time to go shopping at this point. After materials were gathered and many ideas tossed around we had accomplished the below hat in 15 minutes time. He was happy and we were all laughing. Mission accomplished.



This smile says it all.


I had to put this one on too so you could see
just how high the pipe cleaners stood up on top.

2 comments:

Peter and Nancy said...

I'm guessing this turned out even better than it would've if you'd shopped, planned, etc. That really IS one crazy hat!
-- Nancy

Fenwick 5 said...

April,Good job on the hat and you saved money,so u go girl!! How does it feel to be one more step closer to your girl? Now u can celebrate for number #4!!!Gidget