Monday, March 09, 2009

International Day

Our homeschool group had an International Day Presentation. Of course, I jumped right in and selected India as the country our family would represent. We had a great time gathering more information about India. India is very close to our hearts, because that is the country we are in the process of adopting our daughter from. We worked for a few weeks on gathering information, planning out what we wanted to present to the group, etc. Right before we were to put the presentation together both the boys got really sick. Long story short, Martin and I were finishing up the presentation on the day we were to present it to the group. My husband stayed home from work, because Luke was still sick in bed. As Martin and I were rushing into the church with this big presentation board, an Indian dessert to share, a bag of presentation items, etc. I say to Martin "Let this be a lesson to you in that it is not wise to wait until the last minute to get a big project done" Of course we couldn't control the fact that we got sick, but the lesson was hitting home at the moment. Martin looks at me as we are running across the parking lot and says "Mom I think you are culturally stressed right now!" I was laughing so hard. You had to be there I guess, but trust me it was too funny. The presentation went well considering there was NO dress rehearsal. I stood up with Martin in place of Luke and talked about some of what Luke was going to talk about. I am just glad that at least we made it and all their hard work was able to be presented.


The boys created this board layout all by themselves.
I only provided the supplies. I think they did a great job!

Talking about the modes of transportation.


I had to get a picture with Luke. He was so sick and
couldn't attend the actual presentation, but he worked
really hard on this project so I wanted him documented.
I did have to do Luke's portion of the writing on the board, but
everything else was their ideas and work.

4 comments:

Julie & Patrick said...

what a fun project...and so timely with what is going on in your family now too! The boys did a great job too!

Julie R

Amy said...

So sorry your son was sick but everything looked really good! Love your outfit too!

Fenwick 5 said...

First,this project sounds like fun,I would have loved to sit it on it! Your outfit is just cute,I like that color blue. Are u gonna wear that to India? You should wear that if u have a shower!Gidget

Peter and Nancy said...

What a great way for your sons to be part of getting ready for their new sister! I hope the bug is out of your house now. :o)
-- Nancy