Wednesday, March 04, 2009

New Hobby

Martin has taken on knitting as a new hobby. He had expressed interest in it for a couple months so I bought him some knitting needles for a stocking stuffer. I know nothing about knitting so my mom showed him what she could remember from when she was younger. This gave him a good start and then a friend from our homeschool group gave him a lesson and between the two lessons he made this.



Knitting by the fire in your PJ's looks like a very relaxing hobby :-)


Martin's very first knitting project.

4 comments:

Fenwick 5 said...

Good Job on the Knitting,I want to learn how to sew and make some clothes for Maiya and the boys.Gidget

Julie & Patrick said...

Wow! Terrific. Looks like it takes tremendous patience...I'd better pass :)

Julie R

Peter and Nancy said...

That's great! I tried it as an adult -- I'm sad to say that my first dishcloth was shaped kind of like a chocolate chip! You did a great job, Martin. :o)
-- Nancy

Kathi said...

Great job on your first project! Megan and Katrina are working on their first projects too. Keep on knitting!