Monday, October 13, 2008

THE MIGHTY ZUCCHINI

Behold the biggest zucchini I have EVER seen. My friend Lisa C. from church was giving away zucchini from her garden and asked if anybody wanted any. We LOVE zucchini bread at our house so I was first in line to get some. Little did I know that this is what I was going to get. I was so excited. This one zucchini will make 17 loaves of bread. We already baked 2 loaves and shredded up all the rest and bagged it and froze it so we could bake it later. A big thank you to Lisa!


Yes, this is 20 inches long and this baby weighed in at 7 pounds!!! AMAZING!!!

More perspective.



Luke is such a wonderful helper. He was so helpful in shredding this beast. We don't have a food processor so it took quite awhile to get through this. All the hard work will be worth all the delicious zucchini bread we will have all winter.

2 comments:

Corrigan Party of Six said...

oh April, that makes me soooooo happy that my steroid zucchini will make so much bread :) 17 loaves is ALOT, i hope you still like zucchini bread after you get through all that!

Michael McMullen said...

OH MY GOSH!

I like zucchini bread.