Thursday, October 09, 2008

OAK'S PARK 8-21-08


The boys completed the summer read program through the library again this year. This is a yearly tradition and the big pay off is a day at Oak's Park. They have specific days you can go and one of the days was while we were in India. The other option was 3 days after we got back. I didn't want the boys to miss out since they had worked so hard all year so I off to Oak's Park we went. I don't know what I was thinking, but I bought a ride bracelet for myself because I wanted to go on some rides and not just stand around the entire time watching. I will say this after the fact....amusement park rides and jet lag are not the best combination. Ididn't get sick on any rides, because I steered clear of all the real spinning ones, but I was SO exhausted when we left. It was a blast though watching the boys laughing and smiling and to see their excitement with every ride.


The Scream'n Eagle. This ride is crazy! The boys have wanted to ride this every year and haven't been tall enough. This year they both went on it. I was a nervous wreck watching them. They looked so tiny on this huge ride with all the big kids and adults!!! Scream'n Eagle...hard to capture how high this ride goes. It seems excruciatingly high when your children are on it!! The boys were amped after they got off this ride. Definately the highlight of the day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Gson is just tall enough this year as well. I was afraid to let him go on it. How old are your boyz?

The Pfeiffer Family said...

Dave,
One just turned 8 and the other is 9.