Friday, September 16, 2011

Annual Oak's Park Trip - August 31, 2011

For as long as I can remember my kids have participated in the summer read program at our local library.  You are required to read (or be read to) 15 hours.  Once your tally sheet is completed, you turn it in for your prizes.  There are gift certificates to a couple restaurants, local attractions, discounted tickets to a sporting event, and you get to pick out a new book to keep as your very own.  

Our family loves to read so completing the 15 hours is not a problem.  The prizes are more of perk than an incentive.  This year Alesha, participated as well as both boys.  It did take longer to complete those 15 hours for her as sitting still is not her strong suit :-)

The day finally arrived for our annual visit to the local amusement park.  I knew it wouldn't be as "cool" this year since we had been to Great America, but it was still a fun thing to do on a cool summer day.  

Waiting for the ticket counter to open




Chilling out while we wait for the boys to get off the scary ride.

This was the first time she had been on this ride so Luke went with her.  I love how they are holding hands.

I love the smiles on their faces in this shot!

I'm a big girl.  I can go all by myself.  I love how she crosses her feet.

The car ride.  At one point she bumped her head on the steering wheel.  She didn't cry or anything, but then I looked at her forehead and saw this.........

a huge bump starting to swell in the perfect shape of a circle.  It didn't take long to fade away.

Luke took Alesha down this huge slide.  They were both laughing by the time they reached the bottom.

My three sailors.

1 comment:

Leveta said...

Beautiful Children:
SO neat that they enjoy reading. My husband son Chad and myself are big readers.I have often said that I could be stranded on a desert island and would be fine as long as I had lots of good books to read and of course food, water and shelter.
Leveta