Monday, September 12, 2011

Beach trip to Gearhart Condo - August 25-26, 2011

We had planned to go tent camping again up around Mt. Hood.  The problem, a major thunderstorm with hail and lightening was headed in that direction the day we planned to leave.  We decided to wait a day and see if things improved, but they did not.  So onto "plan B".  The Oregon coast looked like it had nice weather so we headed out to Darin's condo in Gearhart.  This was quite a luxury compared to camping in a tent :-)  The weather was really nice and we actually had a chance to play on the beach and get in the water.  It was Alesha's first experience with ocean water and she had a BLAST!  I thought she would be too cold, but she was having so much fun jumping and running around the cold water didn't seem to bother her.

Darin took advantage of the overcast skies in the early morning  and did a mini photo shoot of the kids.  I LOVE these photos!!!!!  Thank you honey! 

These were taken on the balcony of the condo.

Martin (will be 13 in November)

Luke, 11 years old

Alesha, 2 1/2 years old

Then we headed down towards the beach.  These were taken on the hillside right before you drop down onto the beach.


I decided to put some flowers in Alesha's hair and I was surprised at what a difference a few flowers can make :-)






Finally onto the sandy beach!  The clouds started to burn off, the sun came out, and playing in the ocean came quickly thereafter.




Alesha, was hysterically laughing as the water would swirl around her feet as it went back out.  It  was so fun to see her face and hear her laugh with delight!



I love how Luke isn't even touching the ground in this picture.








This last wave got us really wet......... 

so wet, that the pants needed to come off.

My boys decided that rolling in the sand soaking wet would be a great idea.  I believe I heard the words  "Sand Angels"  



We had a fantastic couple of days at the coast.  Thanks mom and dad for letting us use the condo. We have lots of great memories and photos to remember this trip.

4 comments:

Peter and Nancy said...

Oh, these pictures are melting my heart! Beautiful!
Nancy

Julie & Patrick said...

I love PLAN B! You guys look like you are having so much spontaneous fun.

Great pics

Julie

jasonliberty said...

What gorgeous pictures! Brought tears to my eyes!!
Liberty

Paula said...

Hi there!
My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
I was looking for blogs about Gearhart to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
Hope to hear from you soon!
Jane