Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Luke, the 6th Grader!

I am still trying to wrap my brain around our youngest son starting 6th grade this morning!  This is MIDDLE SCHOOL!!!!  How did this happen?  Our middle school has all the 6th graders attend the first day without the 7th or 8th graders present.  I really like this idea.  It gives them a chance to figure out where things are and get their bearings before all the BIG kids come.

Today was a success!  Luke, came home happy and said he only got lost twice :-)  He has some classes with some friends, which always helps :-)  I am continuing to pray for a wonderful school year.

My 6th grade boy!

Alesha, is REALLY going to miss her brother.

I had him hold up his fingers so I could remember what year of school  he was in when I look at the picture many years from now.  He didn't want to do it, but humored his mom :-)

Off he goes.....I just stood there still in shock that he was going to middle school! 

2 comments:

Julie & Patrick said...

Wow...they grow up so fast. He looks pretty calm, cool and collected. He'll do great!

Julie

Anonymous said...

My oldest is in 5th grade as of yesterday! I saw a young mom walking a baby in a stroller today, and I wished I could explain to her how quickly the time will go . . .
Nancy