Friday, April 09, 2010

1-1-1-1

Today, Alesha, is 1 year, 1 month, 1 week, and 1 day old! Boy do I want my baby girl home. I have been having dreams lately of being in India. Today I received a quick note that said Alesha is doing well and close to WALKING!!!! Oh, how this makes me happy that God is answering my prayers of her getting stronger, but I want to be there to see these milestones being met :-( I am so proud of my girl!

This last week has really been a whirl wind for me. I am discovering just how difficult is for me to homeschool my two boys, take them to their classes, keep on top of an adoption and not let any details go unnoticed, plan a trip for a family of 4 to a foreign country, and making sure I am prepared to come home as a family of 5 with a new baby!! Since Thursday of last week, Alesha's carseat has been purchased, we rearranged furniture, put up valances, put up closet clothes rod, sorted through clothes, and reorganized Alesha's room (I still have some finishing touches, but the bulk of it is completed), shopped for baby items for travel (still lots more to get), received the visas for our boys to travel, shipped off our education requirements, CPR certs, copy of wills, and Travel Waiver, ordered malaria meds for all family members, and the boys received their typhoid vaccine. This is all on top of my normal wife and mommy duties. I am SO thankful to have all these things checked off the list. I will continue to work through the remaining list as each day comes. I am so thankful and amazed at how God is working all the details out despite my moments of "freaking out" that it won't work out and I won't get it all done. He is blessing me with incredible deals all the time and providing enough money to accomplish everything before us.

As I sit here tonight, my arms are just longing to hold Alesha. It is as though I can feel what it will be like. She will probably start to cry when I hold her the first time, because I will hug her so tight and won't want to let go. I am thankful that my youngest son is a cuddler and I get big hugs from him. It helps to ease the pain. I am hoping it won't be too much longer before I receive word that her passport is ready and we have clearance to travel. We are trusting in God's perfect timing and I will continue to persevere so I am ready when He says it is time to go to India and bring your baby girl home!

Alesha, I love you so much and pray that God will prepare your precious heart for all the changes that are coming your way. It won't be long now and we will be together forever! Love, Mommy, Daddy, Martin and Luke

4 comments:

Sommer said...

April- I don't know what else you need for baby stuff, but I just wanted to offer anything I have. I think I saw that you got a car seat that faces backwards and can move to forward facing. If you would also like an infant car seat (they are SO nice for those times they fall asleep in the car!) since she is still so tiny, Jewel is NOT tiny any more and I would love to let you use ours. I also have a ton of infant toys and a bouncy seat, ALL of which we would LOVE to share with Alesha. Please let me know if there is anything else you need that we may be able to help you with!! I am totally living vicariously through your experience...I cannot imagine the intensity of your desire to get to India...praying with you that it is SOO SOO SOON!!!

Fenwick 5 said...

April,It is great that she is close to walking,hoping our passports come soon,this week would be great,wouldn't it?:) These last pictures that we got make me even more anxious!! Gidget

Laura said...

April~
That is such a sweet post! I don't know if I told you that the last pictures are my favorites so far (where she is standing in the precious dress!) It won't be long, now!!!
Laura

Emily said...

Hi April, my name is Emily. I am number two on the Dillon waitlist for a little girl from India. I have been following your blog for a while now, and just wanted to tell you how inspired I am by your story. Thank you for sharing your journey! I am so so excited for your family! I can't wait to follow along as you travel to India to meet Alesha. She is very adorable, such a sweet, serious, little face. Just know that you have many people rooting for you, and sending you positive energy for quick travels and a beautiful meeting with Alesha!

:) Emily http://kolkatatocalifornia.blogspot.com/