Monday, April 12, 2010

Spring Break Blessings

During spring break this year I was blessed beyond measure. I was able to take my boys to the Oregon Coast and the Washington Coast to spend time with both sets of grandparents. (If you scroll down on my blog, I finally got around to posting the trip) While I was gone I was getting updates on our adoption from my husband, because I was without internet access. My first surprise came on Tuesday when Darin called to tell me that we received new pictures of Alesha and that our scrutinizing of our paperwork was completed. I was so thrilled that our paperwork was now ready to go before the judge and that we had new photos of our baby girl. We have very few pictures of her so these were a blessing for sure. He then told me that Alesha was standing up and I was SO excited. He asked if I wanted to come home early to see them....ummm SO tempting, but I said I was going to stay put. Then on Thursday he calls me to tell me that he received an email that said we are now guardians of Alesha!!!!!! I was blown away. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Tears just streamed down my face. So filled with joy, shock and amazement. He then asked if this would bring me home early. I talked with my mom and she said that I could leave the boys with her so they wouldn't be disappointed in leaving early and she would just bring them home the following day. So I left early evening on Thursday after we had our day of already planned activities. I was just praising God the entire way home for answering prayer and my mind was just racing with all the steps that now needed to be completed. I guess I thought I had more time.....now I needed to get going on the boy's visas, fill out paperwork and get things in order! As I drove home it was pouring rain, but the sky was beautiful with sun coming through the clouds. As I rounded the corner before I would turn onto the Astoria bridge I saw the most amazing and beautiful sight. A DOUBLE rainbow!!! I stopped the car and got my camera out so I could photograph this beautiful site. It was absolutely breath taking!!!! It stopped raining long enough for me to capture the pictures. God is amazing and SO faithful. To have this rainbow appear at the end of such an amazing week was beyond words. It was like He was saying to me continue to trust me. I am faithful! Amen to that. God is GOOD ALL the time, ALL the time God is GOOD!!!

This is what the sky looked like prior to me rounding the corner

This is what I saw when I rounded the corner
Absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!






3 comments:

Fenwick 5 said...

Beautiful is the word,Shane and I were talking last night,how wonderful and perfect everything is that God makes,including this adoption experience!! Gidget
Hoping we both get passport news this week or next:)

Peter and Nancy said...

Amazing! I love those moments when God reveals something wondrous just for you. What great news about your baby coming home SOON! Hope you've started packing . . .
Hugs,
Nancy

theheartofachild said...

How amazing and beautiful! What a great story and testimony of how God is revealing himself to you!