Sunday, April 11, 2010

Spokane - March 5-7, 2010

The first weekend in March we drove up to Spokane, Washington to visit my brother and his family. It was great timing as it helped me get my focus off of not having my baby girl home for her birthday. Our boys travel so well and be had the most beautiful weather. For the first time that I can remember as we drove through the gorge there was NO wind and the Columbia river as a sheet of glass. Totally bizarre!! We had an awesome weekend of playing, hiking, relaxing, visiting and going to a great church service before we headed home. Thanks Dan for a great weekend. Next time we visit we will be bringing your new niece with us :-)

Cousins (Sophie was at a b-day party)

The kids had a blast climbing on every rock they could find.

Darin, Dan, Martin, Maddie, Luke and Spencer

My brother, Dan.

Beautiful scenery

Tether ball and campfires. Go Sophie!


Luke and Uncle Dan building the campfire. The kids

roasted hot dogs and biscuits for dinner.


I decided to get in on the fun the kids were having.

When I was little I had something similar to this, it was called a lemon.

It was yellow, shaped like a lemon and harder than a ROCK!

This seemed a bit harder to do than I remember. Shoes probably would have helpedand being really close to 40 years old didn't help either. I think I got it around about 76 times before I couldn't breathe anymore and had to stop. Martin got over 200 and Sophie got well over 100.


All the cousins together before we left for home

Me with my kids and nieces and nephew. Crazy these kids are almost as tall as me!

No comments: