Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Easter

This year plans changed for Easter. Our son was sick the week leading up to Easter so we were not sure we were going to be able to attend Easter dinner at my mom's house. On Saturday he was feeling up to coloring eggs. This has been a tradition since the kids were little and they really enjoy it. It is fun to see their artistic creations. Quite a few years back my husband decided to dye the tips of the boys fingers different colors and they thought it was fantastic!!!! So as the years have gone on this is still part of the tradition. Crazy BOYS!

Easter Sunday comes and my mom calls and says that she is now sick and won't be able to do the Easter dinner. We were disappointed to say the least. I was thankful that our son was now well and I said that I would cook the dinner instead and had everybody over to my house. We had a wonderful time celebrating the resurrection of Jesus together. My mom had ordered this beautiful cake from our sister's cake business and it was FANTASTIC!!!! I thought the writing on the cake was very appropriate, too!

VERY soon we will be start a new beginning as a family of 5~

Luke was REALLY excited to eat this cake!


The dyed fingers of the boys. Nice variation of colors, huh?

The finished eggs. Several of the eggs broke this year :-(
Can you guess what egg is mine? Alesha, is always on my mind.
Next year we will be celebrating Easter with our little girl...YAY!


3 comments:

Fenwick 5 said...

Like that CAKE!!:) NEW BEGINNING,...our girls and us will definate be starting a new beginning here soon. Easter and the meaning and the season is all so wonderful. Oh and thanks for that email,lifted me even more! Gidget:)

Julie & Patrick said...

Love the dyed fingers....perhaps next year will bring some pink and purple ones!!

That cake looks delicious!! I hope everyone is on the mend now!

Julie R

Peter and Nancy said...

A belated happy Easter to you! I just wrote on Gidget' blog and told her that I'm on pins and needles waiting for your passports to come! Don't know why, but it's as though I'm waiting for our daughter's passport all over again . . . I sure am praying that you'll have good news this week.
Hugs,
Nancy