Monday, April 19, 2010

Update

The last couple weeks have been so exciting thinking about how CLOSE we are to traveling. We are actually discussing how our trip will look, where to stay, purchasing items for the trip, talking to families who have traveled and those that are getting ready to travel, dragging out the luggage, and stock piling things to pack. When I think back over our adoption process it is amazing to me that right before we left on our mission trip to India in August, 2008, we had just taken our place at #13 on the waiting list for our daughter! As I was flying to India and back I was thinking and dreaming about what this flight would look like when we had our little girl with us.

This August will be 2 years since that flight and SO much happened since that time. God has changed me in a number of ways. For me the most noticeable is how I don't freak out as much as I used to when things don't go as planned. This adoption process has been KEY is teaching me this. You find out in a hurry that you have very limited CONTROL and that things DON'T go according to YOUR timeline. As our process has unfolded I find myself not so uptight in the waiting and am trusting God more for His timing then mine. Time after time a silent prayer of mine is answered, a potential disaster is calmed quickly, a need arises and provisions are made, etc. All these things remind me of how faithful God is and that He sees the whole picture and has it under control. God has also calmed my fears of bringing our boys with us. I have a lot more peace and am looking forward to what the Lord has planned for my boys while we are in India. I believe this will be a life changing trip for our family as a whole and individually on many levels.

As everyday passes we wait for the longed for email that says "Alesha Mugdha Pfeiffer's passport is READY!" What an exciting day this will be!!!! At that point we can begin booking airline tickets and put all the finishing touches on leaving home to go to India and become a family of 5!

Today we received a couple new pictures of Alesha. It made me smile to see such a sweet smile on Alesha's caregiver's face. I can tell from the picture that she takes good care of my girl and for that I am forever grateful. It thrills me to see how healthy and strong Alesha is getting. It won't be long now and we will have her in our arms. I am praying that the passports will come soon and my family will be able to connect with the other families traveling to India around the same time.


We are coming baby girl.....hold on!


Our darling brown-eyed girl!

9 comments:

Karen said...

Alesha is so beautiful! I agree, it's so sweet the way the Ayah is looking at her. Passport: come quickly!!

Laura said...

She is just a little "pixie"!! What a beautiful post and SOO true. I was way less spiritually-minded today and kinda cranky, so I needed your gentle reminders of God's goodness during the long wait! We're comin', babies:)

Julie & Patrick said...

Oh! come on passport! How nice to have this peace about her care. They really are well cared for and loved.

Julie R

Shad and Maggie Alsworth said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! Love the new pics! Praying for passport to come soon and that you all get to have a mini Dillon Day in India with all of the traveling families!

Fenwick 5 said...

April,I am so glad to see that u got some new sweet pictures!:) I agree with Laura,she is a little tanned tinkerbell,so sweeeeeeeeetttt!!! :) We didn't get a picture,but that's quite alright,soon enough I will take all the pictures that a mama can hold!! Have fun planning,hoping this is a big celebration week for all of us! I wish I could call that passport office!!!:) Gidget

Peter and Nancy said...

She is just a darling little girl! She looks so bright and inquisitive -- I can't wait to hear what her personality is like. Come on, passport office!
Nancy

theheartofachild said...

Praying for those passports!!!!
Jenny

Kristi W. said...

She's a beauty!! Can't wait to read the post with the big passport announcement!!!

:)Kristi W.

Sheri said...

Aleshas is so beautiful!! She has changed so much already since we met her in December.
Can't wait until we see her in your arms!!